Pages

Friday 28 June 2013

How About Some Animations?

I've seen countless animation over my 12 weeks course. Some of which were entertaining while some were okay. Of all the animation I've seen, few really stood out for me and I feel that they're worth sharing.

A Frame From Billy's Balloon

In Duck Amuck, Daffy is fighting with an off screen character who continuously erase and change the setting and even Daffy himself. What I like most about this short 7 minutes film is how the animation demonstrate the the process and elements required to create any kind of film or animation and yet most people over looked this.


Billy's Balloon is a short 6 minutes animation by Don Hertzfeldt as part of his final student film. The film is a horror comedy about a boy named Billy who is being tormented by his red balloon. Different individuals interpret the film in different ways. One of the interpretation which I agreed upon is that the film discuss the vulnerability of a child's innocence.


Not My Type is a series of four 2-4 minutes animations by Lycette Bros. It features an office environment and characters created entirely of typography.


Not My Type I


Not My Type II


Not My Type III


Not My Type IV

Let your imagination run wild. That's exactly what Stephan-Flint Muller did when he directed Bow Tie Duty For Squareheads. It goes that you don't need fancy equipment or expensive program to created outstanding and entertaining animation. All you need is a couple of friends, some imagination and think outside the square.


Everyone knows that kiwi can't fly, however this kiwi can. This is an inspiring short animation about a single kiwi who would go to extreme length to realise his dream and finally flew for the first and last time.


No copyright is intended. All right reserve belong to their rightful owner.

No comments:

Post a Comment