Pages

Sunday 5 May 2013

Review: Shiseido Pureness Balancing Softener

I was shopping for a new facial cleanser a couple of weeks ago and I ended up purchasing more than a simple cleanser.

Shiseido Pureness Balancing Softener

I was originally checking out Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Cleansing Foam since one, I heard many good things about Clinique and two, I have never used any Clinique products before. Unfortunately the sale consultant for Clinique was sick that day resulting in the Shiseido sales consultant introducing me to Shiseido products instead. I'm not new to Shiseido. My mum uses it, my aunt uses it and I own a number of Shiseido products myself. In the end I bought two products from Shiseido. One is the Pureness Balancing Softener and the second is The Skincare Extra Gentle Cleansing Foam.

I've used quite a fair amount as you can see

I know from experience that Shiseido products are really good but I have never tried their skincare line before. Maybe I felt that it's more suitable for older women since my mum and aunt uses it. I don't know, but for some reason the thought of using their skincare line never even crossed my mind. I was even more reluctant to try their softener due to my past experience with toners, but I thought 'What they hey? Just give it go' and thats exactly what I did. Am I surprised by the result? Yes I am.

Full size product is 150mL

Now, what is a softener? A softener is basically Shiseido version of a toner but the formula is much more gentle. I've used a number of toners in the past and all of them are by different brand. I find that toners are good but very drying. It strips my skin of it's natural moisture resulting in dry skin forcing my skin to produce more oil which leads to break out. Since then I've stopped using all toners. If you've never had similar experience with toners then I'm happy for you but I was never as lucky.

The full size Softener will last approximately 3-4 months

Shiseido Pureness Balancing Softener make my skin feel softer, look smoother, reduce the redness and doesn't dry out my skin. I have oily combination skin and I find that the softener help reduce and control the excess oil on my skin and at the same time the dry area on my skin doesn't feel as dry anymore. I find that the softener even out my overall skin tone and rebalance the moisture on my skin making my skin feel softer and smoother.


I use the softener twice a day after I've cleansed and towel dried my face. I use 2 pumps of softener on a clean cotton pad and glently wipe it over my face.

I bought the Balancing Softener at the Shiseido counter at David Jones for $52 (AUD). If you find toner is too harsh for you skin or is drying your skin then I highly recommend giving Shiseido Balancing Softener a go. If you're unsure then try asking for a sample at the Shiseido counter and give that a try first before purchasing the full size product. It is a little pricy but I will definitely repurchase it once I've run out.

Visit their website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment