Pages

Tuesday 14 May 2013

Straits of Malacca AGAIN?

I know I've recently upload a post on Straits of Malacca but since I tried out new dishes I feel I should review those dishes. I mentioned in my last post, the restaurant is divided into two sides. This time round I sat on the other side with my two wonderful friends Tina and Stephy.

View of the restaurant from the window


View of the restaurant from the back (I apologise for the dark image)
This time I tried another of their 'whole fish' dish. I ordered Malacca Homemade Special Sauce Fish with Rice. As I mentioned in the previous post, all their fish with rice dish is exactly the same, the difference is the sauce on top. I find it difficult to describe the actual taste of the sauce since I don't recall having anything similar to this before. I know that there's some kind of curry in the sauce but only a small trace of it. The curry flavour is not too overwhelming which I feel is a good thing. One thing I don't like about the sauce is the texture. For me, it's a little too powdery.  It feels like the curry powder, or whatever powder they have in there hasn't properly dissolve in the sauce mixture. Otherwise, a nice dish over all.


Malacca Homemade Special Sauce Fish with Rice

Tina ordered Deep Fried Drumstick with Rice. Tina and I, we were discussing the name of this dish when it first arrived. It should be called Deep Fried Chicken with Rice not Deep Fried Drumstick. Have a look, where is the drumstick? Tina's thought on the dish? The fried rice was good, she thoroughly enjoyed that, but the fried chicken was oily. Tina describe sauce as 'interesting' but in a good way. As for the salad, it was probably placed as decoration to add some colour to the dish.


Deep Fried Drumstick with Rice
As for Stephy, she ordered Western Style Fish with Rice, a dish I've reviewed on in my previous post. Stephy did enjoy the dish however she find the fish a little dry. To read the review for Western Style Fish click here.


Western Style Fish with Rice
Straits of Malacca - Malaysian Cuisine 
Visit their website for more information, including their menu and store location

No comments:

Post a Comment